Friday, August 14, 2009

Ranger's all better!

After over $260 in two days on my little baby, he's FINALLY better!

So we treated it as a colon problem until he didn't get better by the shot that Dr Lehman gave him that was a "cure all" shot. After him vomiting so much last night, Dr Lehman thought it to be necessary for Ranger to come in this morning to see if there was an obstruction, which would require surgery.

Thankfully, his blood work and x-rays showed that nothing was wrong, and it was like some little miracle made him all better at the vet today. I don't care what it was that did it, but I'll take him feeling better any day over knowing what was wrong.

Dr Lehman said we needed to switch meds and needed to treat this as an upper intestinal infection. Nonetheless, he's SO MUCH BETTER!!

Now it's just special food, extra meds, and lots of love and extra "are you feeling better's" for Ranger for the next few days.

3 comments:

  1. I go to Dr. Lehman too! He took care of Redkitty and Figaro ( ages 18 and 21 when all was said and done). Do you see the older Dr. Lehman or the younger Dr. Lehman?

    I am so glad to hear that Ranger is doing better. It is so stressful when an animal is sick, especially if you view that animal as your child, and is the one who got you through so man hard times. I know anytime I think anything at all is wrong with Miss Pan, I completely freak out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We go to the old Dr Lehman.

    Thank you for the well wishes. Momma didn't wanna leave her baby when he's still sick :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had young Dr. Lehman last time I took Pan, who by the way, is so chewing on a cord as I type this. Luckily, its not plugged into anything. She's so special.

    Ranger will understand and be so happy to see you when you do come home.

    Have fun, be safe.

    ReplyDelete