Sunday, January 9, 2011

Turtle Cheesecake

For weeks I've been craving turtle cheesecake. Maybe it's because I'm headed to ATL in a week for work and the last time I was there my friend and co-worker, Kristi Taylor, took me to The Cheesecake Factory (my first time ever) and I enjoyed the most delectable turtle cheesecake of my life.

For Christmas my husband hit one out of the park and surprised me with a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer (I've been dreaming of one for the longest time and I can't believe I finally have it!) I've been staring at this thing on my counter since Christmas telling myself I need to use it. I can't let it just sit there and never be used and collect dust - I mean I know what these bad boys cost!

So I finally decided I was going to figure out how to make a cheesecake into a turtle one. Not hard, you just add pecans caramel and chocolate. But seeing as I'm not the best cook I thought I would go the easy route ... and itturned out great.

So I started with the no bake cheesecake

As per the directions you add the graham cracker crust mix to the bowl

Followed by 5 tablespoons of sugar

And 5 tablespoons of melted butter

Blend until mixed

Then you put the graham cracker crust into your pie dish and press firmly into sides and bottom to make the crust


Now onto the filling ...

First you put the filling packet into your bowl

Followed by 1 1/2 cups COLD milk

Blend for 3 mins and make sure to scrape the sides so all contents are mixing

Pour the filling mixture into your pie pan and spread out evenly to the edges

Let your cheesecake sit in the fridge for at least 3 hours. I let mine sit all day until after dinner. When you go to cut your first slice it's and ABSOLUTE MUST to place your pie pan in a hot water bath (just enough water to cover the bottom of the pan). I just fill my sink just a little with hot water and put my pie pan in for maybe 30 seconds. This really helps to get your pie slice to "slip right out."

Once you have your cheesecake slice out, drizzle with chocolate sauce and caramel sauce and top with chopped pecans.





No comments:

Post a Comment