Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My First Bier

Yes, Germans spell it Bier. However I didn't have a German bier, it was British bier I had in a Irish pub.

Strongbow is actually a cider, cause we all know Dana can't drink real beer. It's the most popular cider in all of the UK. And it's produced with a Royal Warrant.

What is a Royal Warrant, you may ask, well ..... I'll tell ya.

Royal Warrants of Appointment have been issued for centuries to those who supply goods or services to a royal court or certain royal personages. The warrant enables the supplier to advertise the fact that they supply to the royal family, so lending prestige to the supplier. In the United Kingdom, grants are currently made by three members of the British Royal Family to companies or tradespeople who supply goods and services to individuals in the family. The warrant is typically advertised on company hoardings, letter-heads and products by displaying the coat of arms or the heraldic badge of the royal personage as appropriate. Underneath the coat of arms will usually appear the phrase "By Appointment to..." followed by the title and name of the royal customer, and then what goods are provided

Okay, Okay ... I copied that from Wikipedia (atleast I'm citing it). I mean seriously who doesn't use Wikipedia for resources? Maybe not for a book report, but I sure as hell use it to find quick info.

Pretty neat eh? I had beer the Royal Family enjoys ... lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment